Turmeric is not only great as a seasoning, it has many amazing benefits. Turmeric is part of the ginger family. Circumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. To get enough dosage to be effective Turmeric should be taken as a supplement 500-2000mg. So what are the benefits of circumin?
- Anti-inflammatory: Circumin is a natural anti-inflammatory. Many diseases are associated with inflammation. Those with conditions such as Rheumatoid arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Heart disease, Cancer, Arthritis and many others can benefit from adding turmeric to their diet. Those who are in pain can also benefit form using Turmeric. When our bodies are inflammed compounds such as Turmeric can aid in decreasing the inflammation, reducing swelling, thus help decrease pain symptoms.
- Antioxidants: Curcumin acts as an antioxidant. Antioxidants fight free radicals and stimulates our body’s antioxidant defenses. Free radicals are toxic byproducts of oxygen. They can damage living cells and tissue.
- Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor: Curcumin enhances Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor (BDNF) which is associated with brain diseases such as Alzheimers. Turmeric can also improve memory. Studies have also seen improvement with those suffering from depression.
Turmeric can be purchased in tablet form. But be sure to get it from a good source. For my patients I recommend Standard Process. It is a whole food supplement company. Their absorption is more than many over the counter Turmeric sources.
Need More info. Dr. Bates is available via email at: [email protected]
- Here Are Your Top 6 CBD Oil Questions Finally Answered - September 15, 2019
- Natural Eczema Remedies For Your Little One - July 21, 2019
- 3 Complaints That You Didn’t Know Chiropractic Care Helps With - March 8, 2019