1.) Onion/honey syrup: Cut up onion in rings; then layer honey, with layer of onion, until onion layers are finished. Basically you are making a honey onion lasagna. Cover container and leave for 8-12 hours. This remedy is perfect to do at night. Take cough syrup every 2-3 hours or as needed to tame cough.
2.) Local Honey: Take a spoonful of local honey with lemon every 2-3 hours.
1.) Ginger, honey, lemon tea.
2.) 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 spoonful of honey, and lemon in a cup of warm water. Drink daily at the first sign of a cold.
Other methods to fight a cold:
- Slice garlic clove in a thin slice and chew then swallow with beverage, take before bed to decrease cough at night, take during the day to decrease cough symptoms
- Get at least 9 hours of sleep
- Stay away from sugar; sugar increases inflammation which can prolong a cold
- Stay away from dairy; whole milk can increase mucous causing congestion
- Distress: relax; stress can make a cold last longer
- Eat plenty of vegetables when sick, creating an alkaline environment will create a hostile environment for bacteria and viruses.
- Humidifier, or diffuser with essential oils: eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, Frankincense oil for stuffy nose. Frankincense oil and oregano oil can also be used for coughing and as a decongestant
To keep everyone in your home healthy add frankincense oil, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil to a spray bottle to purify the home at the first signs of a family member’s cold symptoms. Melaleuca which is also known as tea tree oil can be used alone to cleanse home and surfaces.
Latest posts by Dr Keisha Bates (see all)
- Here Are Your Top 6 CBD Oil Questions Finally Answered - September 15, 2019
- Natural Eczema Remedies For Your Little One - July 21, 2019
- 3 Complaints That You Didn’t Know Chiropractic Care Helps With - March 8, 2019